<VV> Detonation and overheating

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 23:12:27 EST 2020

I don't know if you saw my latest post, but I found a load of leaves on
top of the barrels. What threw me was I found no evidence of any leaves
when looking from underneath. I can guarantee that will be the problem
with the other car also. I know how quickly retarded ignition timing can
make a car boil even at idle, so I'm sure the effects on an air cooled
engine will be no less dramatic (except no steam, of course). I will
check it, although it doesn't feel retarded. And it's running on fresh
93 octane fuel. Funnily enough it does sometimes smell as though it's
running on stale gas, but it certainly isn't. That probably has more to
do with the flawed combustion process, as it's trying to detonate given
half a chance.