<VV> Detonation and overheating

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 11:43:16 EST 2020

I can confirm that observation. There was a ton of leaf matter on top
of the fins, but not a trace underneath. I would have expected to see
SOME trace of vegetable matter in the lower shrouds or clinging to the
fins. We shall see whether my little 'fix' has done the trick, or
whether I am going to have to take the top cover off, once I put my
carburettor back together!

On 2020-03-03 10:20, Charles Sadek wrote:
> I have never seen leaves that get thru the head fins. Maybe some
> debris
> around cylinders, but have never seen any debris in the deflectors.
> Not
> saying that others could have found some or not... The fin spacing is
> about
> 3/16", sometimes opened to  an 1/8". Stuff gets caught in there...
> doesn't
> go thru it.. Cylinders are more spacing betwe4en fins but same issue
> regarding leaves.

>>> further. I took the bottom shields off, expecting to find the fins