<VV> Axle shafts

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 01:52:14 EST 2020

That's what I thought. If the diff bearings have that amount of slack
then I'm in trouble anyway. I have no perceptible movement on the
left-side but a lot - too much - on the right.  Looks like I'm going to
have to live with it as I'm not going to pull the whole lot out - not at
this stage anyway. I had forgotten about the sliding in-and-out motion
which would cause wear in that area.
There is a barely perceptible amount of play in the left-side u/j, but
not enough to worry about, and the left-side yoke is as snug as
anything.
And yes, 'sticking plaster' = band-aid! As Churchill once said, we are
two nations divided by a common language! ;)