<VV> TURBO PG

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 14:17:01 EST 2020

 Back in the '90s (or maybe the early '00s) a couple of the OFs in the San Diego Corvair Club converted a '64 Spyder convertible to PG so it would be easier to drive in parades. For them the transmission swap was fairly easy, and they rigged up a shifter from a Chrysler K Car; they put it in a box on the floor between the seats and ran a cable back to the PG. They said it worked fine.
But they found the engine was always running on boost -- not much, but enough to possibly be harmful, they figured. So they swapped the 4-speed back in.
--Tom in Ohio