<VV> Fwd: Re: In re.CorV8

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Mar 16 01:33:10 EDT 2020

crud, did it again.

re 'interesting cars'

-
On 3/15/2020 10:08 PM, Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs wrote:
> When did I ever say there were "no engineers in Britain with
> equivalent skills"? What I actually wrote was; "you don't really get
> anything like this in the UK.". Quite how you make the first statement
> out of the second I do not know.
> By all means challenge what I say, but at least don't mis-quote me
> when you do.
> I stand by my comment - I have never seen engineering to this standard
> at a local common-or-garden car show in the UK. Yet such fantastic
> creations are a commonplace on US roads.

Well, you get some pretty interesting cars competing in the hill climbs
over there.

On eng-tips there was an interesting discussion of twin charging - a
Lancer Evo eventually making about 800 hp with instant response!

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=267889

perhaps fewer novel creations on the highways, due to regulations and such.

--
Jay Maechtlen

--
Jay Maechtlen