<VV> Fwd: Re: In re.CorV8

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Mar 16 01:38:48 EDT 2020

On 3/15/2020 10:33 PM, Jay Maechtlen via VirtualVairs wrote:
> crud, did it again.
>
> re 'interesting cars'
>
> -
> On 3/15/2020 10:08 PM, Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs wrote:
>> When did I ever say there were "no engineers in Britain with
>> equivalent skills"? What I actually wrote was; "you don't really get
>> anything like this in the UK.". Quite how you make the first
>> statement out of the second I do not know.
>> By all means challenge what I say, but at least don't mis-quote me
>> when you do.
>> I stand by my comment - I have never seen engineering to this
>> standard at a local common-or-garden car show in the UK. Yet such
>> fantastic creations are a commonplace on US roads.
>>
> Well, you get some pretty interesting cars competing in the hill
> climbs over there.
>
> On eng-tips there was an interesting discussion of twin charging - a
> Lancer Evo eventually making about 800 hp with instant response!
>
> https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=267889
>
> perhaps fewer novel creations on the highways, due to regulations and
> such.

here's an in-car video from the car - obviously way, way more power than
he can possibly use!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGGajhZuo0&list=UUb-2LlrEb3dddOaBuoRsKUA&index=4&feature=plcp

- which reminds me of why I left lots of headroom in my engine selection
and current power availability...

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal