<VV> LH lug nuts

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Mar 30 23:10:30 EDT 2020

The common (wrong) rule of thumb here is to put them on dry also.  People claim they fall off if you lube them.  Of course that is wrong thinking.
I would guess most air impact wrenches get them way too tight since they are usually rated at 90 psi and 750+ ft lbs.
Wheels do fall off here.  The last time I saw a truck wheel service ticket it had a place that had to be signed stating that the driver would retorque within 150 miles.  I also see lots of trucks with the plastic arrows on the nuts so you can tell if any have moved with a quick visual inspection.

Joel McGregor