<VV> Blowing fuses

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:16:23 EDT 2020

I made a somewhat similar tool.  It wasn't intended for this particular use,
but works the same way.  I had a hunk of old wiring harness that happened to
have a side marker socket.  I stripped out the socket and about 5 or 6 feet
of wire.  Small alligator clips were installed on the other end of both
wires.  The alligator clips can be connected to each end of the fuse holder
and used as Smitty says.

The real reason I made it was to have a miniature drop light.  With a
conventional drop light, it seems like you have the choice of getting the
light positioned to illuminate the subject at hand or getting your head in
position to see it.  But there isn't room to do both at once.  A little side
marker light can be stuffed in so it illuminates things but leaves room to
get my head positioned.  If you want to look inside something like a gas
tank, you can literally stick the bulb inside the tank.

Jim Becker