<VV> Blowing fuses

tony underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon May 4 14:20:30 EDT 2020

> On May 4, 2020 at 12:58 PM Smitty via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:
>
> I have run into fuse blowing problems often enough that I finally made a tool to aid in trouble shooting.  Works very well.  Solder a couple of wires two ft long to a light bulb.  Solder the other end to the end caps of a blown fuse.  Stick the fuse in the holder and hang the bulb up where you can watch it as you search for the short.  I ran six ft of wire one time so I could chase a short I suspected in the tunnel area of a Vair.  When I moved a wire bundle the light went out and I knew I was in the ball park.

---

I used to have an old seatbelt/keys-in-switch buzzer wired to a blown fuse, no idea where it may be at the moment.  It was loud enough to sound off while you scrounged through wiring to find the short without having to keep an eye on something besides where you're crawling.  Either way, the light or the buzzer both work the same way.  The light is probably less annoying.

tony..