<VV> Bouncing 64 Convertible (Rick Sanford)

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:40:40 EDT 2020

 On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:00 PM Rick Sanford wrote:

We don?t have a vibration we have a car that bounces like a car with worn
out shocks. I may have to remove them and check the adjustments to see if
they are on the firm settings. The car is in Florida and me and my shop are
in S.C.

Hello Rick,

I had a similar problem way back (about 15 years ago) when I installed new
shocks all around on our Greenbrier. Really, it was only the front end that
bounced when I first took it out for a drive but it felt like the whole
truck was some sort of carnival ride.  Upon bringing it back to the shop I
found that the special front shock bumpers didn't seat into the shock
towers when I bolted everything together, despite putting a floor jack
under and compressing the A-arm when tightening the shocks.  Only driving
up and down a bumpy road got them seated properly and I was simply able to
reach into the front wheel wells and tighten the top shock studs which were
way loose.
>>>Problem solved.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI