<VV> 4BBL Suggestions?

Grant gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 17 11:01:40 EDT 2021

Looking for real world use suggestions on modifications to a Holley 4BBL 390 cfm application for use on a Corvair 140 engine. A friend sent me such carb from a Corvair he recently purchased to look over since it was not "running right". What I found is a 7.5" power valve, .032" squirters, and a missing squirter/pump discharge needle. It has vacuum secondaries and is main jetted at .050". It is the manual choke version with the choke plate removed. Any suggestions, based on experience, will be appreciated. I have already checked the Tech Guide and am just seeking confirmation or amendments, including the best location to use for the vacuum port (it has it plumbed from the primary metering block with the one in the throttle body plugged),
Thanks,
Grant