<VV> Run-on Engine (solved)

RB rbohl at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 16:00:51 EDT 2021

For those of you following this link, I'd like to mention that the 140 run-on engine problem has been solved. Those of you that thought that there was a linkage problem were partially correct.
I found that the tripper on my left primary carb was reversed on its shaft (it will fit either way) so that it didn't properly align with the fast idle cam . The link between these parts was missing, either because it never was installed, or it fell off due to the tripper-cam misalignment.  Without the link, the cam would swivel around until it jammed against other parts of the linkage, leaving the throttle open.
The tripper was reinstalled and the link replaced (thank you Grant) .  Since then I've put over forty miles on the car, without a problem.
I'd like to thank everyone who helped me solve this mystery, including the late Bob Helt, whose book showed me how everything should look. Regards.
Bob Bohl1965 Corsa 140hp