<VV> Muscle car brakes Matrix Ceramic brake shoes for Late Corvairs

larry at forman.net larry at forman.net
Thu Nov 18 17:47:31 EST 2021

In case anyone is interested in performance brakes for their Late
Corvairs, I posted this message below to the Ultravan Tech page:

I received a photo of Muscle Car Brakes MCB-241 front shoes for
Chevelle, which should fit the Ultravan four wheels. I compared their
photo to stock rear Late Corvair brakes and they are identical. Based on
that I ordered two sets of the MCB-241s for the rear of the Ultravan and
the rear of my 65 Monza. Since I will be upgrading the front Ultravan
brakes to disk brakes, I'll not do those right now. Anyone else could
order two sets for all around the Ultravan. BTW, the rears for the
Chevelle will fit the fronts of Corvair Lates and their part number is
MCB-242. Currently they are $124.95 per front or rear set (2 wheels each
part number). I ordered one set for the Monza. Note that they are
increasing their prices 1 Dec. so order asap if you are thinking of
upgrading. They told me their coefficient of friction is 0.42 versus the
stock of 0.25. Resulting in less detrimental damage to the drums, less
pedal effort and less fade, more positive braking resulting in shorter
stopping distances. I will test the resulting shorter stopping distances
using my G-Tech Pro.

Muscle Car Brakes web site is:  musclecarbrakes.com