<VV> Muscle car brakes Matrix Ceramic brake shoes for Late Corvairs

James Davis hurricanehazel16 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:48:23 EST 2021

Back in 2000 Norm Helmkay recommended, I use Poertfield's carbon-kevlar
brake shoes.  They turned out to be the best shoes I had ever used in my
then 40 years of driving Corvairs.  Both of my current Corvairs have
Poterfield's R-4S compound shoes front and rear.  For the front disk, it
depends on the wheel size. If the wheels are 15" or larger I would go with
the 12.2" dia rotor Wilwood kit 140-7675.  That is what I used on #388.  No
problems inthe 14 years I ran with this combination.
Jim Davis