<VV> Powerglide Kickdown

William Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Thu Aug 4 16:46:51 EDT 2022

Be aware that it *might not* be a mal-adjusted throttle shaft.  It is EITHER that OR a defective governor drive gear.  If for some reason the nylon governor drive gear is smaller than specs (they can shrink with age and some of the reproduced gears are too small), it will allow FULL rear pump pressure to be applied to the Low/Drive shift valve, forcing the transmission into drive and keeping it there regardless of throttle position for all speeds over about 15-20 mph.

Bill