<VV> Powerglide Kickdown

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Aug 5 11:10:24 EDT 2022

Weird. I answered this last night, shows sent in my computer, but it has
not posted. Lucky, as I left out the back off 5 turns part. OOps.

Frank DuVal

Copy/paste from 61 shop manual, seems same as assembly manual already
posted:

Accelerator Control Linkage Adjustments
(See figs. 9-7 and 9-8).
1. Disconnect swivel "D" from lever "A."
2. Disconnect swivel "B" from the left carburetor
cross shaft lever "E."
3. Pull accelerator rod "C" to wide open throttle
(through detent) and turn lever "E" to wide open
throttle position (carburetor throttle lever against
the stop). Adjust swivel "B" to align with hole in
lever "E," then lengthen accelerator rod "c" by
backing off swivel five full turns.
NOTE: With this adjustment the transmission
is in detent position when the carburetor is in
wide open throttle position.
4. Position accelerator pedal 1" from floor mat (3-
speed) or 1%" from floor mat (automatic) by
placing a block of wood between pedal and floor
mat.
5. Hold lever "A" in wide open throttle position
(through detent) turn swivel "0" to align with
hole in lever "A."