<VV> Main Seal

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 07:47:04 EDT 2022

 Your local auto parts store carries a number of seal softeners on the shelf. I don't know which is best. I rarely use that sort of thing.
    On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 08:36:00 PM EDT, Bryan Blackwell via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

 I assume you have a leak and want the seal to swell a little and stop the leak.  The old school thing to use was a few ounces of brake fluid, it would help condition the seals - but this generally only worked on a seal that had hardened from age.  If it's a newly installed seal I doubt it would help but it shouldn't make anything worse.

--Bryan