<VV> Bridging the Darien Gap.. Corvair video.. from film

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Jan 18 00:16:33 EST 2023

On 1/17/2023 3:59 PM, Seth Emerson via VirtualVairs wrote:
> That Daring the Darien transfer (film to Video) is the one I did after hours at the FMC media lab in Santa Clara. The films were in various states of repair.

I would LOVE to know where the original A-rolls are...  and what they
were shot on.   Hell, I'd settle for early/first gen. B-rolls if they
were done right.   So many of the distribution prints of that sort of
stuff was just banged out on a film chain, sometimes without even being
checked for focus, exposure and so on, up to and including sloppy
processing.   This is what we generally see these days, old 2nd and 3rd
gen. reprints with dirt actually embedded in the emulsion, focus
haphazard, cheap film stock that fades sooner than it oughta.

I keep hearing about old A-rolls of things that hadn't been seen or
heard about for a half century, discovered in some old retired
producer's attic or bedroom closet etc.  I'd hate to think of how much
original material covering so many things that is gone now, lost,
because nobody bothered to save it.

tony..    worked in film

--
www.avg.com