<VV> Oil in carb question

Seth Emerson sethracer at aol.com
Fri May 26 18:17:11 EDT 2023

Grant - As Tim notes: The air for the choke goes from the Air Cleaner Intake (Inside the filter, you want clean air) through a small tube swaged into the side of the exhaust housing base, around the base of the housing - in a passageway formed between the bottom of the housing and the gasket between the top of the housing and the flange on the end of the in-bound feed from the crossover exhaust pipe -  then back through another tube to the Choke housing on the carb. A vacuum in the carb is supposed to pull air through the passage, past the turbo manifold to heat it up, then into the choke chamber to warm and open the choke. I would bet that somewhere along the way oil is being sucked into that passage. Either at the front end inside the air filter housing, or in the passageway around the base of the turbo exhaust housing.

-Seth