<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 231, Selling on ebay

Grant gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 12:35:49 EDT 2024

Anyone new to selling on ebay is welcome to check with me first for tips or watch outs. I have been doing it for over 20 years and over 12,000 carburetors and parts and the only 3-4 negative feedbacks have been from folks outside USA, so I quit doing that without advance communication in English. It can be risky to sell something as "new", so disclaimers such as "appears to be new" are recommended unless you have the original box. There are going to be part swapper "mechanics", so you can specify a restocking fee if needed. I have accepted returns as just part of doing business on the site.
Grant (thecarbmeister on ebay if you want to check)

Today's Topics:

1. Re: The fun of selling on eBay (Michael Kovacs)

You are not alone. I sold a bearing and race? NOT a Corvair part.
Customer said it had signs of grease and was not new but used. I I returned the money after he returned the bearing. I showed the bearing to a couple of long time auto mechanics. We used a magnification glass to examine the set. Verdict was brand new, never used. I think It did nor fit his needs and claimed it was used.