<VV> Daytona Convention Photographs

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:20:49 EDT

At the convention in Daytona, in 2000, One of the best tech sessions was a
series of talks by several people about the Corvair and what they did with it.
Among the group was Smokey Yunick and Jerry Thompson. The third person who
spoke  was Deacon Hundley. "Deac" was the youngest member of the group of guys
who  drove, pushed and pulled the three early model Corvairs through the
Darien Gap into Columbia back in 1961. Their story was chronicled in the  movie,
"Daring the Darien", a Corsa viewing staple at many  conventions. I was trying
to contact Deac for some matters last month. His  widow, Denise, called me to
inform me that Deac had died last November. I  mentioned the Daytona talk. She
said how much he had enjoyed doing the short  presentation for Dave Newell and
the Corsa/CPF gang, and re-living the  trip. I told her was sorry to hear of
Deac's passing and I offered her  a copy of the two Movies, "From here to
There" and "Daring the Darien", as well  as the Video footage I have just added
showing Deac's talk. What she would  really like is some of photos of Deac,
pictures of him talking to the  group, or gathered with the speakers. If you shot
any photos of the Tech Talk at  Daytona and have some you would like to
contribute, please contact me and I will  coordinate getting them to her. If you
need more info, just drop me back a  note. - Seth Emerson