<VV> FLAPS Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:16:08 EDT

jon.gilbert@adelphia.net writes:
Of course, none of my FLAPS have replacement Corvair fuel pumps or rebuild
kits in stock.  But I am told that this pump is fairly standard to all
Chevys of that era.

Jon,
No, this pump is unique to the Corvair.  It comes in two versions.  The first
fits the 60-61 Corvair only and the second version fits all of the rest
(62-69).  The later pump can be used on the 60-61 Corvair if you replace the inner
pump rod with the later one.  Order a new pump from one of the vendors.  If
you need it quick they can overnight it to you.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA