<VV> "funny" wiring question

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:29:39 EDT

I have a '65 140 that will fire off nicely and immediately stop. I suspected
the coil and started checking the wiring diagram and comparing the actual
wiring. I found something that looks "funny". The wiring diagram shows a #20 brown
wire to coil+. What was actually hooked to the coil+ was a blue wire that
should have been destined for the oil and temperature sensors. I stripped some
insulation off the loom from the main connector and finally found the errant
brown wire spliced to one that goes to the license plate light. Could the engine
have run this way? (Was supposedly running before coming in for an engine
replacment).
Thanks, and a private reply is okay if this is too techie or boring.....:-),
Grant