<VV> Wood Wheel

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:15:47 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/04 10:35:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Larry@Forman.net
writes:
Matt and Kirk,
Here are some alternatives.

Seth's approach is designed for racing applications and does not have the
connections for the horn, but it does fit.

Clark's had the tooling made and has Grant steering wheel adapters for
Grant wheels for 65/66 BUT(!)  they are for the THREE bolt
Grant wheels, NOT the 5 bolt, which I had just purchased from Clarks.  They
did not know which one it fit at the KY convention, where I bought it.  I
need to decide if I will keep the kit for future use or not.  It does have
the connections for the horn.

-- Larry

The Quick Disconnect System I debuted at Lexington is, indeed for race cars.
For street cars, the Grant wheels come with the adapter to fit the 3-bolt
hub. Grant calls it the "Styling Sleeve" As far as I know all Grant Adapter kits
have a casting to support the three-bolt pattern.  If, indeed, your 5-bolt
(Grant calls these "Signature Series") wheel came with no hub, You can pick-up
Grant P/N 4001 - It is a one-inch tall replacement for the Styling sleeve. It
looks like it would also act as an adapter to a three-bolt hub kit. Larry, which
wheel did you buy? - Seth