<VV> Dead Van

Barry Gershenfeld mailist@san.rr.com
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:03:07 -0700

If your mechanic is "good" he will find it.  If he knows anything about
electrical
systems (or can find someone who does).  Checking with a voltmeter or test
lamp will reveal where the disconnect is.  Sounds like it doesn't "look
disconnected"
but it still will be.  The more things that don't work, the closer to the
battery you
can expect to find it.  No dash lights and no headlights pretty much say the
battery terminal or the first wiring harness connection.  I assume FC's
have the
same wiring harness connector as the cars...and the same bad connections that
develop.

If he wiggles some wires and then it starts working, don't be fooled.  You
really want
to know where the problem is.  It will get you again.  Plus, a bad
connection will
overheat and melt things.

Barry