<VV> 16" Wheels on an EM.

Petersen, Dave dave_petersen@eli.net
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:45:52 -0700

A couple months ago I bought a 1964 Spyder Convertible.   After driving on
the original 13 inch wheels and having a couple of hubcaps fly off I decided
to look into the possibility of putting a set of aftermarket wheels on the
car.   After doing some research on the web as to what was available for my
car I came up with very little information.   In fact, the info I did find
was discouraging.  Instead of giving up, I decided to go to the local
Americas Tire store in Vancouver, WA and see what they could find.   After
searching the catalogs, we found some 16x7 wheels made by Team Dynamics out
of Great Britain that looked like they might work.  I decided on 205/50-16
tires.   I'm happy to report that they fit perfectly.   No clearance
problems whatsoever.   They look and drive great.   I thought I'd let other
early owners know that there are 16s that fit, so don't give up.

Dave