<VV> Upholstery Differences

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:22:36 -0700

At 10:44 hours 07/22/2004 -0500, Mark Chapman wrote:
>Not to disagree Tony, but I asked this same question a while back and
received a multitude of answers.

>As I had acquired a complete set of beautiful 68 Camaro Houndstooth
covered seats as part of a package in a swap for a 901 drivetrain (dont ask),

I must ask...  was this 901 a 'P' car or a 'V'car...?

>I thought that these seats might be kind of exciting in my LM vert. WRONG!
>
>Seats are different sizes, are aligned differently on their bases, and
just plain dont work so well.

Now, the later model seats in Vairs (such as '68 and up) are indeed
different.   The '67 stuff, both doors, and hinges and everything else
seems to be in a class all its own...  but stuff in early Vairs is pretty
much the same as in the similar vintage GM corporate cars.   I saw a '63
Nova up close with buckets that looked like they dropped out of a Corvair,
likewise a '64 Impala only they used a slick looking stainless/chrome band
encircling the seat uppers, looks like it would blend well into a Vair
interior.   Likewise the '65 year, knew a guy with a '65 Impala that had
buckets which looked as if they were on the same identical frames as the
seats in my Corsa ragtop.

But when you get into the latter part of the '60s things get confusing.

>So what did I do? Used a set of leather Recaros for the fronts and am
having my rear (seat) recovered to match. Besides, the Recaro's work better
with the harnesses!  <GGG> Plus now I'm thinking how a nice, big
intercooler might look in my interior where the rear seat used to be...

What would the passenger think?   Or would they ride in back, keeping an
eye non the cooler...?

>I cannot speak intelligently about the Impala or other seats from the same
years (or about many things for that matter, some would say)...

Me neither, on the many other things things.

tony..