<VV> Oil Filters - Warning

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:51:29 EDT

I'm with Seth on this one... not only are the FRAMs done like that, but so
are the new Purolaters and the Hastings filters (at least the 10 Hastings I've
seen at work, as they are white with the floppy "U" gasket, and could very well
be a re-boxed Purolater filter)... one other thing.. that "new style"
gasket... if it turns out you have a slow seep from the filter the normal response
would be to snug up the bolt... all that does is make the gash in the "u" seal
deeper, making more of a leak...
Rotten set up.
Just my two cents...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg