<VV> Late Model Power Top Frame - Help Needed

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:13:04 -0400

I finally took something apart I can't figure out how to put back together -
Geoff's Late Model Power top frame.  I got every part back together and
working OK except one - an odd "L" shaped part that attaches to the rear
side rail.  It is not listed in any of the parts books, but then, the only
pictures in the parts books I have are for the manual top.  I believe it has
some function in limiting the movement of the top, but I haven't been able
to figure out how.  Worse, I can't figure out which is left and right.  The
part is capable of pivoting around its large hole, and that makes no sense
if it is a motion limiter.  Also, there is a small hole on one end which
also seems to have no purpose, as it was not attached to anything (this much
I DO remember).

So, if anybody can tell me what it is, what it does, and how to install it
(left/right), I would appreciate it.  You can view pictures of it at the
following site:

http://community.webshots.com/album/166830733VpMGzt

Bill Hubbell