<VV> squeak and chirp follow up (bb)

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:46:51 -0600

	It could be the spider gears inside the differential.  Or it could still
be wheel bearings.  Try removing the axle, take off the clamps for both
U-Joints and it then it can come out.  You will also have to remove the
bolts for the lower control arm that bolts to the differential housing on
that side. That way you can try turning the wheel independantly from the
differential and see if that points to the problem.  You will also be able
to turn on the yoke coming out of the differential to see what is going on
in it.
  If it is something in the differential, it can be a fair amount of work,
but not the end of the world.
Hope that helps!

-Geoff Johnson

--On Sunday, July 25, 2004 1:25 AM +0000 Steve Mizel