<VV> Turbo and Dual exhausts

Jim Simpson simpsonj@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:25:28 -0500

F.B.I. -- maybe, maybe not.  Yes, GM did design in back pressure to limit
boost (also the pressure retard, also the restrictive Carter YH carb, also
staying with small valves, etc...) but that's no reason not to open things
up a bit.  Of course, you do run the risk of grenading the engine, but if
you are willing to put the effort into really opening things up, installing
dual turbos, and so forth, then minor things like waste gates, knock
sensors, fuel injection, and so forth should be all part of the package.

Of course, as you point out, that still leaves the issue of cooling the
engine.  As they say, a short life, but a merry one!

Jim Simpson, '66 Corsa turbo (basically stock restricted...)