<VV> Re: Build Codes

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:39:35 -0500

Great!  that strongly suggests that the stiffening plate is the reason for a
Z01 code on the Body Tag.  HOWEVER, the Z01 code is probably NOT 3C -- 3C is
the code for padded dash.  Earlier reports that 3C=Z01 option are wrong --
too many cars with padded dash and Z13 have 3C code, and should not if
3C=Z01, because you would have either Z01 OR Z13, but not both>

Hey, is there anybody else out there (1964-1965) with a "plain Jane" car
(with no outside rear view mirror) who can confirm this finding?  Your
Accessory code should NOT have either a 2P or 4P (most likely 2P) code, and
your driver's door should NOT have a stiffening plate inside the door skin
where the mirror would be mounted.

BTW, Jim

Manual Top (No D in group 1)
2L=4 speed