<VV> conv top bow restoration

AKG hdflstf@earthlink.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:41:13 -0500

When I did mine, I took it all apart and bagged the parts as well as
documenting what went where.  Then I sent the frame parts to the local
powder coater and had them done in gloss black.  Had all of the hardware cad
plated at the same time.  Maybe not totally original but it still looks good
after 11 years....

The Artful Dodger

If any of you have really restored a late model convertible top bow
framework system, I would like to hear all of the do's and don'ts.  The
raffle car's top bows had the pleasure sometime in their past of being
"restored" with a can of spray paint.  So now I need to strip all of that
mess off and do it right.  I already have the proper color of PPG interior
paint.  What I am wanting to know is what to take apart and what not.  I
have a month to finish all I have left to do to the car before taking it to
Helen, GA in April.  Serious replies please.

Thanks,
Rickie Williams
Columbia, KY
Rickie Williams