<VV> Re: viscosity vs temp

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Jul 3 19:21:52 EDT 2005

I reiterate current synthetic motor oil of the SL and SM variety get
thicker with heat cycles.  Oils I use are Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, and full
synthetic Super Tech.  All show more oil pressure at idle (500 rpm) at 230
degrees F and at cruise 3,400 rpm at 276 degrees F after 500 miles of
use.  The pressures remain up until the oil change at 7,000 miles.
Jim davis