<VV> Re: SAE viscosity rating temp

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 23:54:29 EDT 2005

>> Subject: Re: Re: oil engineer - oil temp
> To: djtcz at comcast.net, virtualvairs at corvair.org
>>
> > second by maintaining viscosity above the 212 F SAE test temp.
> >

> SAE viscosity test temp is 150 deg C or 304 deg F.
> Regards,
> Bob Helt

Some testing mat well be done at higher temps, but I think the non W viscosity number is at 212 F.
http://www.advanceautoparts.com/english/youcan/html/ccr/ccr20040601ov.htmlthe "Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has established a series of viscosity classifications that establish oil performance at 100 and 0 degrees Celsius (212 and 32 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively). "
http://www.valvoline.com/products/4-Stroke%20Motorcycle%20Oil.pdf