<VV> RE: Base Vent

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 4 19:44:09 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: kovacsmj [mailto:kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 12:17 PM
To: 'gyoungwolf at earthlink.net'
Subject: RE: <VV> RE: Base Vent

 Sounds like you nailed my problem on the carb. When I choked it with my
hand it made a LOUD sucking sound. I've played with carbs for many years
and I immediately stuck my stethoscope next to the vent valve and is
could hear it sucking. The crack in the rubber actually had a piece torn
off, so it did not completely cover the vent hole. The engine was at a
high idle, so the hole should have been completely covered. The repair
was simple. It is always best to be sure the vent valve is soft and
flexible. It appears that it should "float" a little in the spring arm
to assure sealing the vent hole.

 I'm sure the other contributors to this thread appreciate your input.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS