<VV> anecdote-oil evidence

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 18:08:06 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/5/2005 2:43:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
djtcz at comcast.net writes:

> A Hot Rod Engine swap Handbook from the 60s advocated judging engine
> condition based on a sly peak at the valve train area through the oil filler hole
> (on engines built that way).  Accumulated gunk was a bad sign.  I have come to
> regard that test as very useful. although cleanliness may indicate a
> desperate attempt to fix a sad engine.

Good advice in the 60's...maybe 70's,,,,,

But, an old carlot trick......Add Kerosene / Pearle Solvent to any sludged
engine and with apiece of carboard in front of the radiator.... run until it
boiled over....CLEAN  as new.....after a drain and refill....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V