<VV> was synthetic oil, now silicone brake fluid

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 16:47:15 EDT 2005

Corvair at fnader.com writes:
Even the high boiling points don't work in practice as the water that
invaribly does get into the system pools in the wheel cylinders and boils much
quicker than the water-laden glycol based fluids.

Bill & all,
I'd like to know how all of this water is getting into the brake systems out
there.  My brake systems are closed systems sealed off from the atmosphere.
If you don't let the master cylinder cover off or check the fluid level in the
rain, water should not be getting in.  Even driving through water is sealed
out of the wheel cylinders by the piston seals and a positive pressure that is
always on them.

Ed Corson (CORSA & Amsoil cult member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club