<VV> putt-putt-putt noise

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Thu Jul 7 11:48:03 EDT 2005

Hope for the exhaust-system scenario. Otherwise, it COULD be a blown head
gasket. If this: (a) it will gradually get worse; (b) it will leak carbon
monoxide into your heater (stinging eyes is one method of diagnosing this
condition, as are headaches and death if you really overdo this thing); (c)
letting the problem get worse could erode your head's aluminum, rendering it
difficult to impossible to reuse/repair.
     Anyway, you should get onto this without delay, more to avoid danger to
passengers and destruction of parts than to avert a breakdown.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C