<VV> New Corvair in the stable

goofyroo at excite.com goofyroo at excite.com
Mon Jul 11 17:28:04 EDT 2005

>>>I am almost 100% positive that I will be going with the rear fender
mount and using one of the modern fan cooled condensers but was looking for a any suggestions out there from the group.

I'd suggest a parallel condenser from www.azmobileair.com.  They're extremely efficient.

I think Rusty Rose gathered some good info on condenser placement, first-hand experiments to boot.

>>>I was figuring on using R-12 at this time and in the future switching over to a Sanden compressor and upgrading the system for R-134 at a later date, what's the groups thoughts?

Sounds like you'll spend a lot of money on R-12 in the short term, whereas if you have a good 134 condenser and maybe a tighter expansion valve at the outset, you won't need to change gases with the new compressor.

Michael Smith
Dallas