<VV> Re: sick of corvair/do not see more vairs

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Thu Jul 14 17:12:39 EDT 2005

To the annoyance of my neighbors, I make a practice of helping out fellow
Vair owners who need the help. Typically, I'm the host (my driveway, their
beer), and provide tools, materials (unless they're anticipated, like a
change of oil), and often as not a part or two. I never charge for ANY of it
(except beer) EXCEPT where I provide a new part out of my stash (no charge
for used parts). When I provide new parts, I ask to be reimbursed with a
like part (and I always am).
     One would THINK most of my beneficiaries would be members of South
Florida Corvairs, but in general, they just FIND me through the club, but
aren't members themselves. Visitors like Dan Terry of Atlanta and Thomas
Stingl of Karlsruhe, Germany, have had the pleasure of helping me host these
greasy shindigs on their visits here, once even together, if I recall
correctly.
     Corvair knowledge IS thin on the ground these days, and while
dispensing my boundless wisdom so generously, I almost always find that my
own knowledge is extended, typically by working on Corvairs that are
different from mine.
     We're all in this alone, you know.

Joe (charging every cent I'm worth) Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C