<VV> okay, cool.

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 12:41:37 EDT 2005

Hey

  Thanks for the replies on the dash!  man that was
awesome...didn't take me THAT long...It took me the
longest time to realize that A)I forgot to undo the
trip reset thing, and that's why it wasn't going
further and B) it would help my maneuvering
capabilities to take the bracket off the steering
column so it'll drop down a bit.

  I also removed the old speaker while I was in
there...comes out real easy when I've got all those
giant holes in the dash to work with.

  As far as the pos. cable question goes.  That was a
total duh.  I can't believe my brain spaced that out.
But thanks people, for explaining it.

I can't remember what the other one was.

Anyway...yeah...  the back of that cluster is REALLY
grody.  I've already removed all of the gauges, and
I'm going to strip the front of the insert and get me
some crinkle paint.

The PO, or actually, probably the OO (Original owner)
did some really weird things...added a lot of positive
lines to things...like there's a line hanging spliced
into a dash light (he only apparently wanted that
thing to come on when the dash lights were on)  and
had spliced lines into the speaker thing and added a
speaker swtich for rear speakers...and there was
speaker wire running through the car...a big jumbled
mess.  There were also lines hooked into the
connectors on the junction block that weren't
connected to anything.

Getting there, folks.  this Vair is one hell of a job
I didn't think it was going to be nearly this much
work.  But when I'm done, I'll be able to look at it
and {hopefully} stand proud of my accomplishments (and
hopefully not the lack thereof haha)

Ryan V.
65 Corsa
Group Red