<VV> Add on Air

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 16 10:01:19 EDT 2005

I was drooling over a Marina Blue Corsa 140 in Staten Island on e-bay .
  I don't know the status on it as the bid ended without the reserve
being met.  It looks like a beautiful car.  The only problem is that
it's a coupe w/o air.  I live in Texas.  Only masochists and nocturnal
drivers dare own a coupe w/o air in these parts.  It got me to
thinking, what would it take to add air to a Corvair besides the
obvious compressor and condenser.  I'm more interested in the $ and
%&*@ trouble to add the duct work and air outlets in the cabin.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110 (now closer to 0 as the engine
is in pieces all over the garage floor)
Sierra Tan (originally, currently Copper) - Saddle, PG, A/C, original
AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper guards, w/ 77K
(and indefinitely holding)
(Back in group red : (