<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 156

JKFG717 at aol.com JKFG717 at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 17:01:00 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/16/2005 4:54:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

am not  talking about "Parts Changers", I am talking about
"Mechanics". If you  don't have one, find one, and cultivate him/her!
Give them a box of  Chocolates for Christmas. When you know it took them
longer than the flat  rate book says - pay them a bonus.

I am in a county the size of the  state of Rhode Island, with 2 stop
lights and 7,000 residents and I can  find "Mechanics" that will fix the
weird cars I bring them. If you are  willing to treat them well, you will
be able to find them also! In the  long run it even saves money over
using the "Parts  Changers"!
WOW....I find that highly unlikely here in metro DC. I have 3 Excellent
mechanics, well trained experts. I have one real Corvair mechanic albeit 240
miles away. I don't have to tempt them with anything. But wisely they know their
limitations. More problems with Corvairs have happened because some non-covair
 mechanic messed around with something just to fix it. If I press them they
would  all attempt to fix the Corvair, but you can see the reluctance all over
their  faces. Jim