Fwd: <VV> Gas fill problem

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 11:37:07 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/17/2005 11:06:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ral1963 at comcast.net writes:
I assume that there should be some sort of vent or passage to allow the
flow of gas to run smoothy down and that this little feature is either
missing or clogged.
Run a piece of garden hose down the filler neck to see if it hits any
obstructions.  I have had problems with misaligned hoses when the PO didn't line
things right.  On my Greenbrier the problem was me--about a month after I had
pulled and sealed the tank with Clark's sealer and reinstalled it I had the same
problem you're having. Because the last position the tank was in before it was
installed was upside down a lot of the sealer had accumulated in the top.
After installation the viscous sealant slowly seaped back down and partially
covered the filler hole.  It took me over five minutes to fill the tank.  I used a
scrap piece of garden hose with the metal coupling cut off to punch through
the blockage and things worked fine again.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier, '65 Corsa, 2 '68 Monzas