<VV> My Kia "Corvair" Rental Car

Brown, David BrownD at bsci.com
Tue Jul 26 12:47:56 EDT 2005

We made it in as well late last night- also flew as I couldn't get
enough time off to drive- 1st time since we joined (Daytona) that we're
not driving as well.  For those still on their way in, be forewarned
that the host hotel is NOT the Doubletree, as advertised in the
Communique, but the Red Lion (OK, they changed it in later issues, but I
missed the change).  Don't do as I did & spend 30 minutes stubbornly
driving (my rental f**d), arguing with my wife, driving back & forth
past the correct address looking for the Doubletree.  I even called the
hotel to get driving instructions & they told me (without saying the
hotel name).  I finally went into the Red Lion & asked where the
Doubletree was.  They said, "You're here- we changed the name 6 months
ago".  I thought I was so well prepared- I even had an print out of the
internet page with all the Doubletree info.  It's funny now- it wasn't
then.  Alls well that ends well.  We have a nice room on the 3rd floor
with a great view of the pool/courtyard area looking out over the
Columbia river- beautiful.  My wife is finally done ironing, so it looks
like we can go down & register & have breakfast & see all our friends
from around the country.

Dave & Gail Brown
Corvair Houston (sole representatives)
Ps: Kia/Corvair content: We have a Kia Sorrento at home (with dash
mounted ignition)