<VV> 110 Lawn Mower! - not really fixed

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 5 15:53:30 EDT 2006

Tony,

It will likely plug from time to time (most commonly after an engine shut
down and restart - like a gas stop or a tight corner) since there is
obviously some dirt (of some nature) in it.  You can "fix" it by stopping at
the side of the road, removing the air cleaner, doing the cupped hand and
throttle goose trick each time this happens - and , of course - replacing
the air cleaner.  After a few times of this, it will become a pain in the A.
And in the meantime, if you need quick acceleration to avoid a problem, you
cannot count on it being available.

So, before you tear down the carb in a search for the culprit wayward junk
in there, how is your gas tank?  If it is full of crud, your "fixed" carb is
going to suffer the same fate (or the other one).  Check your rubber hoses
first - at the tank and over the rear axel.  They might be disintegrating
and the tank is OK.  It could even be the accelerator pump cups IN the
carbs.  They only seem to last a couple of years anymore, especially if the
carbs were allowed to dry out.  The point is - find the source and fix THAT!

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - "icemobile" 4/140