<VV> starter clicks

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Sun Aug 6 21:16:15 EDT 2006

Starter just clicks when I turn the key. I checked all ground
connections, and starter's getting juice. I tried arcing the solenoid
with a screwdriver. Starter still just clicks. I bypassed the 2 prong
connector before the starter. Wire running directly from coil to
starter, same thing with ground (purple wire) to solenoid. Do I have a
bad solenoid? Just trying to start the car after cold adjusting valves.
At first it fired right up, but wouldn't run, died right away. Did this
a couple of times, then the starter jammed. I will also mention that
when I tried disconnecting the wire on the positive terminal on the
solenoid, guess what, it's rusted. The whole shaft turns, so I just
pulled the old wire off. Problem is, I have no way of connecting the new
wire, so I just have it sort of wrapped around the terminal for now. I
thoght of temporarily connecting it with an alligator clip. Also, I have
another starter and solenoid, but I can't get the solenoid off, or the
inboard starter bolt loose. Just cant reach in and get the right
leverage on it to break it loose. Any suggestions?

Frustration mounting,

Paul Abel
65 monza 110pg.