<VV> Car Display

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Aug 7 16:43:16 EDT 2006

Right on Norm!!!  Power to the people man.  I really like having the car display show.  I wouldn't display my car if it had to be judged (other than people's choice which isn't really judging - just what people like for whatever their resons).  I'd hate to see anyone discouraged from displaying their car(s).  I loved seeing all the Corvairs out on display, it was a most magnificent sight.  I like the fact that the car display area had my car, Norm's cars and Bill Hubbel's senior car in it all together.   It's like we're all on big happy club.

I also liked checking out the beautiful concours cars.  I could never do it but I appreciate that people do.  Honestly though, I was a little dissapointed to see Darth Vair in concours, that car should be driven for all to see in its natural state - moving!!  It's pretty impossible to compete well in concours with a car you drive (although I know people do).  I understand the frustration of people who want competition but not the crazy level in concours.  I can't help but think though that adding more classes to the show will just cause more complexity and confusion at the event.  I don't think we want more of that.

mike

<snip>

You're trying to take the fun out of the event with rules like that.  Be
more laid back, dude.  The event should be as open as possible.  If you are
crazy for competition, do concours.  If you want to look at the shiny cars,
kick back and enjoy the day, that's what the car display is for.

IMHO.

Norm