<VV> "Local Day?"

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 19:20:13 EDT 2006

OK, we can't move Car Display to Saturday of
convention week, mostly for reasons that just don't
hold a lot of water, at least in my book:

"Car Display would then be competing with ANOTHER
event already held on Saturday, so you wouldn't get
many to turn out for it."  Hmmmmm, 50 signed up for
this year's econorun, a mostly-morning event, but
there were nearly 400 on hand for the banquet Saturday
evening.  That leaves about 350 people that just MAY
be looking for something to do Saturday afternoon.  I
don't see the conflict.

"By Saturday, everyone's cars are so dirty from all
the 'moving' events, and we're all too tired to clean
them."  Again, hmmmmm.  91 for autocross, 67 for the
rally, so that leaves quite a few cars unscathed by
those events, and even those that DID participate
looked pretty darn good to me on Sunday, as everyone
was leaving.

So how about this: a "local day" show on Saturday
afternoon, where everyone (concours and non-concours)
shows off their car to the locals, no trophies, no
judging.  Just a nice little show to finish off the
week, and get that local public exposed to what
Corvairs are all about today.  Virtually no manpower,
$0 cost.

Jeff Clark